Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 1 and 2 of vacation




We got to Boone about 3:30 only to find that everything was iced over. Snow on the ground and crazy cold.   The locals said it was the worst they have had in decades.  We were to have Christmas dinner with my Aunt but there were trees down on her street so we couldn't even get to her house.  She was also out of electricity so no turkey for us. We checked in our hotel and ventured out to find something to eat.  We ended up at a Chinese restuarant with 1000 other tourists.  I mean it was wall to wall.   We are now in our cabin and it is beautiful here.  We only stayed in the motel one night since we couldn't check into the cabin until today.  We will try the slopes tomorrow, wish me luck!  No, scratch that pray for me.  I haven't taken very many pictures yet but here are a few. 
Photobucket

1 comment:

mhsands said...

Just ur luck!!! Be safe!