Thursday, June 11, 2009

Library Day

Today started out busy. I have agreed to tutor a little girl two times a week so her Mom brought her around 8:30. I had to be up and dressed. Of course my child would sleep till 9:15 today because I had to get up. I worked with her for a couple of hours then she and Macy swam for a couple of hours. I fed them lunch then we headed to H-ville. I dropped her off and then made a loop around to the BOE. I got to see my sweet friend Melaine and she had my long lost computer fixed and ready for me! Today is our "library" day. On thursdays at the Midway Library they have something special each week. Last week was Ronald McDonald and today was Music Alive. I don't know what I expected, maybe some funny dressed person playing a guitar or puppets. We got there and the usual crowd was there about 8-9 kids. The library is very small so 8-9 is a good crowd and there was a string quartet with a soprano singer. I took my camera hoping to get some great shots. Macy was doing great and got down on the floor with the others and then in came a daycare of at least 25 kids. My child with her space issues got a bit nervous when those kids invaded her personal space. She began to sit on my feet and climb up and down on my lap. Again, remember the library is very small and we already have a string quartet taking up half of it. They began to play and it was very beautiful and a learning experience for Macy since they talked about the instruments and music/lyrics. They began to play and the soprano singer began to sing very high and load. The lady behind me (she was so close I felt as if I was sitting in her lap) had a small child and everytime the singer would reach a high note the baby would squeal not really excitement but something load. I love babies so I am not really complaining about that I am just setting the mood for you. It began to get very hot in the library since we were at maximum capacity. I sat there about 40 minutes and I began to have space issues and the squeling/singing was really starting to freak me out. I began to squrim in my seat. The quartet was not only singing but they were doing a skit so when they went to change scenes I shot out of there dodging fingers and dragging my child behind me. I thought Macy would freak since we had brought all of her books back and there was no way I was waiting to check out new books but I think she was glad to get out of there. I think I would have really enjoyed their singing and playing if it was in a bigger place and much MORE air.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Goin_Coastal said...

LOL. You painted quite the picture, & I can see myself in that same scene... too funny!

Meet HB Deal said...

Hey Susan! Thanks for your sweet comment. I am so glad you like etsy. I have seen some very cute bows on there. :) I LOVE your new look. Macy is absolutely precious.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that!